Sunday, May 13, 2012

So it is finally time. It is finally time to live my dream of living in the big city and see day in and out the exciting world of Washington D.C. I have started packing my bags, and I am looking forward to the opportunities that await me and the memories to be made.

It all started the summer after my freshman year of high school when I visited D.C. while attending the National Young Leaders Conference and meeting with Congressman Gene Taylor. I knew from that very moment that I would some how find my way to intern on capitol hill. After visiting for the Obama Inauguration and two other times with the Stennis Montgomery Association, I knew that I would finally make my dream a reality.

This summer I will be interning for Senator Roger Wicker for 6 weeks, and I will be moving this Thursday! I am excited to be living with one of good friends Mary Alice Howard and cannot wait to be up there with Fenly, Jane, Hudson, Erin, Anne Wallace plus the rest of the Mississippi crew.

I'll be blogging through my adventures so let the fun begin! I cannot wait to see what this summer has in store!


Here's some picture from my previous trips!
Getting to see the White House for the first time!
Being in the action during the Obama Inauguration 
SMA Trip with my favorite Cherry Blossoms
Me, Lindsay, Allison and Kathleen

See ya'll in 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment