Thursday, May 31, 2012

It has been so nice having mom and Blake in town, and after our week long adventure they are heading back to Gulfport in the morning. I have made sure that we have eaten at all my favorite places and even tried new ones that I couldn't wait to go to. The first night they were in D.C. I met up with them after lunch and the crew went to Ted's Bulletin. This is a new favorite in the Eastern Market area! The menus look like newspapers, and their milkshakes are amazing! I got a banana foster flavored one and was stuffed from just eating that.

The next morning we got up early and got to see the White House. I was so happy that the office let me go on the tour with them, and it was so cool to finally get to go. My favorite part was the flowers and loved seeing all the old photos from all the past presidents. After the tour I headed back to work and later in the day Mom and Blake came up to the office for a capitol tour. Rob did such a great job on his rookie tour and Mom enjoyed getting to meet so more of the interns. It was a lot of fun! After a long day from waking up early, we headed to Georgetown for the evening to visit Serendipity! It is actually the same one from NYC and there is no wait. The food was wonderful, and we finished our meal with a frozen hot chocolate with peanut butter with peanut butter cups on top! 






Today was one of the best experience I have ever had in D.C. I got to go to the top of the capitol on a dome tour thanks to Congressman Harper. Fenly invited me to go on the tour along with her roommate Mary Love Fair from Jackson. We climbed 304 stairs and I'm not going to lie it was one of the scariest things I have ever done. I now have such a better understanding and appreciation for the architecture and I got to see the best view of D.C. from the top!







We ended the day eating at Matchbox and said goodbye to Mom and Blake. This week flew by, and we are getting ready for hopefully a Nationals game tomorrow night, or it will be another night of fun adventures!  

No comments:

Post a Comment