Thursday, May 24, 2012

I cannot believe that my first work week is almost over. Being in DC has already been so much better than anything I could every image and this internship is so wonderful. With that being said even after only being up here for such a short time, I know that I am doing something that I absolutely love. I love that the things I am studying are actually being put to go use, and I'm going into an industry that makes me excited to come to work everyday. The best part of interning in Senator Wicker's office is getting to see all the different job possibilities within the office, and to tell you the truth I think I would be happy doing any of them. (Well we will see if that changes as the Summer goes on).

Well after all the sentimental stuff I can tell ya'll a little about me week! Everyday at 1o'clock half of the interns get off for lunch. Normally we have been packing our sandwiches and sitting in the cafeteria, but today we ventured over to Union Station. Even though I had my Easy Mac in hand, it was such a beautiful day, and I am continually thankful for the opportunity to be up here. Last night was one of my favorite nights after work. All of the Mississippi State crew and our new roommate Kathleen went to a place call Tortilla Coast. Awesome mexican food, and I think we stayed there for like 3 hours. It eventually lead to creating a Groupme that has been blowing up our phones all day. We have such a great group of people up here and the Wicker's interns are awesome! We have so much fun in the office, and we are looking forward to Maroon Friday tomorrow. I think it might be better that there is no interns from Ole Miss because I think they would be a little annoyed with us by now.

Tomorrow I am only working until 12 so I can head to New York to meet my Mom and brother. It is such a crazy time because I feel like everyone is all around the world. This has been an exciting week though. My dad and sister are in Russia, John and his family are leaving for Seattle tomorrow, Katie St. John is an aunt now, Allison McCarver in in New York and Lindsay starts her internship next week! With that being said its an exciting time and everything is great from DC!

Hail State!

All the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment