Saturday, May 19, 2012

After a wonderful week with my family and John, it was time to say goodbye and head up east! With my awesome gift that only John Gazzini could make, I opened my app on my iphone he created when the airplane reached 10,000 feet. After sitting on the plane waiting to get off and Mary Alice saying we were boarding our next flight, I sprinted through the Atlanta airport just in time to make my flight to DC. When all the craziness of switching flights and finally arriving, I was so happy to finally get to our home for the next 6 weeks. I could not be more happy about our apartment, and I think we are going to have a fun but interesting time with our roommates and friends!

Our first night we met up with Fenly and Jane and went to my favorite mexican restaurant, Lauriol Plaza. After our hour wait and one strawberry mango margarita, we finally sat down to indulge in yummy warm salsa and cheese dip. It was incredible, and I will be taking my mom and brother there next week when they come visit! After a long day of traveling and and a full stomach we meet our roommate and me, Mary Alice and Erin made our beds in the cave (Our room has no windows).

The next morning after sleeping in, we decided to check out the grocery store. You would think that was not a big deal, but I can tell you otherwise. First you have to bring your own bags, or it cost you money. Then the best part is carrying everything you got a half a mile. Its not too bad, but I do need to get use to walking everywhere. Later that night we experienced Mr. Smith's in Georgetown and some of the surround bars. Mary Alice, Anne Wallace, Erin, Calissa, Rob and one of his friends enjoying seeing the sights and just hanging out. It was tons of fun but quickly realized the only way to drink in the town is during happy hour. It was quite an adventure walking around and trying to figure out the city. It was lots of fun, and I am looking forward to more nights in the city.

This morning was my favorite thus far. I met up with Fenly and Price in Eastern Market and enjoyed brunch at a cute place that had delicious waffles. After catching up with Fen and Price, we walked around to see all the vendors and even found a cute pair of earrings. My favorite part was the walk back. I have quickly learned that a mile is no big deal to walk, so with chaco on I was ready for my mile and a half walk. From our apartment to Eastern Market you can see the back of the Library of Congress and the Capitol building. It was a pictures walk and I enjoyed seeing people enjoying their Saturday afternoons playing the guitar and just hanging out.

Mary Alice, Erin and myself are about to go find our buildings for work on Monday. I cannot believe it is almost here, and we are enjoying our few days of relaxing and seeing the beautiful city that we call home for the next month!
Our Living Room!
Moving in! Looks much better now!
First night at mexican! Last nigh out in a teeshirt!

Brunch in Eastern Market
Eastern Market
My beautiful walk today!

No comments:

Post a Comment